The ArtPost is committed to promoting artistic expression and fostering a sense of community, while recognising the importance of sustainability in all aspects of our operations.
We understand the vital role the arts play in addressing environmental, social, and economic challenges. With this in mind, we have developed a comprehensive sustainable policy that outlines our overall aims and the steps we are taking to work progressively towards achieving them.
Our sustainable policy aims to:
- Minimise our environmental impact by adopting eco-friendly practices in all aspects of gallery operations.
- Promote awareness and understanding of sustainability issues among artists, staff, visitors, and the broader community.
- Foster a culture of sustainability, inclusivity, and social responsibility within our gallery and the wider arts community.
- Encourage and support artists to explore sustainable concepts, themes and materials in their work.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations to further our shared sustainability goals.
To minimise our environmental impact, The ArtPost aspires to:
- Implement energy-efficient practices, such as using LED lighting and employing energy-saving technologies.
- Reduce waste by promoting recycling, composting, and using eco-friendly materials for our installations, packaging, and promotional materials.
- Where possible, encourage sustainable transportation options for staff and visitors, including public transport, cycling, and carpooling.
- Use digital platforms for marketing, invitations, and catalogues to reduce paper usage.
- Collaborate with local suppliers to source environmentally-friendly materials and minimise transportation-related emissions.
To foster a culture of inclusivity and social responsibility, The ArtPost strives to:
- Ensure our exhibitions and programs are accessible and welcoming to all, regardless of age, background, or ability.
- Develop partnerships with local schools, community organizations, and cultural institutions to promote art education and engagement.
- Provide opportunities for artists from underrepresented communities to exhibit their work and engage with the gallery.
- Establish a volunteer program to involve the community in our operations and foster a sense of shared ownership.
- Encourage staff and artists to participate in sustainability training, workshops, and discussions to enhance their understanding of sustainability issues.
To ensure our gallery’s long-term viability, The ArtPost will:
- Diversify our revenue streams, including grants, donations, corporate partnerships, and art sales, to maintain financial stability.
- Seek opportunities to collaborate with other arts organisations to share resources and knowledge, and jointly develop programs and exhibitions.
- Where possible, invest in the professional development of our staff and artists, to promote a vibrant and sustainable arts community.
- Continuously evaluate and improve our operations to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
Monitoring and Reporting
To track our progress towards achieving our sustainability goals, The ArtPost will:
- Establish measurable objectives and targets, and regularly review our performance against these benchmarks.
- Conduct an annual sustainability audit to identify areas for improvement and prioritise actions.
- Communicate our sustainability achievements and challenges to our stakeholders through annual reports, newsletters, and online platforms.
- Encourage feedback from artists, staff, visitors, and the community to inform our ongoing efforts.
The ArtPost is dedicated to fostering a sustainable future for the arts and our planet. By implementing this policy, we hope to create a gallery space that is not only a hub for artistic expression but also a model for sustainable practice within the arts community. Together, we can contribute to a more sustainable, inclusive, and vibrant wor